START!™ Classic Curry Pizza Recipe
Everybody loves a currific pizza!
- 1/3 cup Warm Water (105F)
- 1/4 cup Non-fat dry Milk (or powdered Soy Milk such as Better Than Milk)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 pk. Dry Yeast
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil (for dough)
- 9 ounces Vegetable Oil (3 oz. per pan)
- Mozzarella cheese or vegan equivalent substitute
- Butter flavored cooking spray (Pam)
For the Sauce:
- 1 (8 Ounce) Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Marjoram
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dry Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 2 Tablespoon START! Sauce
Gather topping ingredients as desired.
1. Put yeast, sugar, salt, and dry milk in a large (2 qt.) bowl.
2. Add water and stir to mix well.
3. Allow to sit for two minutes.
4. Add oil and stir again.
5. Add flour and stir until dough forms and flour is absorbed.
6. Turn out on to a flat surface and knead for about 10 minutes.
7. Divide dough into three balls.
8. In three 9″ cake pans, put 3 Oz. of oil in each making sure it is spread evenly.
9. Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball to about a 9″ circle.
10. Place in cake pans.
11. Spray the outer edge of dough with Pam.
12. Cover with a plate.
13. Place in warm area and allow to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
1. Combine all sauce ingredients and let sit for 1 hour.
For Each Nine Inch Pizza:
1. Preheat oven to 475F 2.
2. Spoon 1/3 cup sauce on dough and spread to within 1″ of edge.
3. Distribute 1 1/2 Oz. shredded mozzarella cheese (or vegan cheese substitute) on sauce.
4. Place toppings of your choice at this time
5. Top with 3 Oz. mozzarella cheese (or vegan substitute)
6. Cook until cheese is bubbling and outer crust is brown.