START!™ Bean Burrito Recipe
The Mexican delight
- Cooked kidney beans, or pink beans ½ cup
- Tomatoes, peeled, finely chopped 2 ⅔tbsp
- Green bell peppers, chopped 1 ⅓ tbsp
- Onions, chopped 1 ⅓ tbsp
- Diced green chili 2 tsp
- Garlic clove ⅓ minced
- Salt 1/16 tsp
- Oil 2 tsp
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded 2 ⅔ tbsp
- START!™ Original Hot Curry Sauce 2 Tbsp
- Flour tortillas 2 10-inch tortillas
- Taco sauce 2 Tbsp
- Sour cream, (optional)
- Tomato, cut in wedges, (optional)
- Rice (optional)
- Mash drained beans. Saute chopped tomato, green pepper, onion, chilies, rice, garlic and salt in oil until thoroughly heated.
- Add mashed beans, cheese and START!™ Original Hot Curry Sauce to tortillas; mix well.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and heat at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes. (Or, loosely wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper and microwave at full power 30 to 40 seconds.)
- Fill each tortilla with about ¼cup bean mixture and roll. Serve with taco sauce.
- Top each with sour cream and tomato wedge.
- Serve warm.
Makes 2 burritos. Repeat steps or multiply ingredients as needed for further servings. To spice up even further, more START!™ may be added as a condiment on top of the burrito.
Follow START! on twitter @hotcurrysauce
Need some START!? Go to the ONLINE SHOP